How to Create Custom Onscreen Keyboards
1. In the Compass software you must create all five keyboards and add them to the root directory of the Page Browser to be used inside the Android OS, and the keyboards must be named as follows:
- Buttons on the page that you wish to pass information to the Android app should have an InsertKey() or InsertText() action.
- Each page should have a Done Button that uses the CloseKeyboard(“SubmitText”) action.
- The page should NOThave a Message Window, as this may cause issues when sending text to the Android app.
4. Select Manage.
5. Select all five keyboards you have created.
6. Select Export.
7. Select the directory in which you would like to save the file.
NOTE: You can save to your mytobiidynavox account if you would like.
8. Press Select.
9. Enter “Keyboards” in the text field of the Export File Name dialog.
10. Select OK.
11. Select the “Home” Android button to return to the Android desktop.
12. Go to Settings > Language & Input.
13. In the right pane, select the Settings icon next to Onscreen Keyboard. (See the illustration below.)
14. When the Onscreen Keyboard app opens, select Backup/Restore.
15. Then select Import.
16. Find and select your .pak file.
17. Select Import.
18. Select Yes on the dialog that appears.
Congratulations! Your Android keyboards have now been replaced.