The specific QuickFires in your software were chosen because they cover a broad range of purposes and are highly flexible across interactions. If you want to personalize QuickFires, we would suggest doing so with a word or phrase that means the same thing and is equally flexible (e.g., “okie dokey” for OK or “excellent” for “good”) - or consider using the blanks we have provided.
1. Select QUICKFIRESin the Navigation Bar.
Take note of the number of rows and columns you see. Your configuration may be different than what is shown in the examples below.
2. Select the Modify button in the top right corner of the page, choose Settings, then Page Browser, then select the page you're editing and choose Editor.
- You may see more QuickFires than you have in your current setup. All QuickFires for all Levels are shown.
- Take a moment to locate your active QuickFires. In our example, the active Quickfires are indicated with a red box.
Also look to see if the QuickFire you want to add is already shown on the page, perhaps among the inactive QuickFires.
If the QuickFire you want is not listed, continue on in this article to Editing a QuickFire.
Making an Inactive QuickFire Active
The steps below will show you how to make inactive QuickFires active.
If you’d rather have access to more QuickFires (rather than different QuickFires), you can change your grid size. Just select Levels from the Navigation Bar, select your chosen level, then select Done.
1. Locate the inactive QuickFire to make active.
2. Locate the active QuickFire to make inactive.
3. Swap your chosen QuickFire with an unwanted active one. Drag your wanted QuickFire over the unwanted one, and drop it.
4. Select File, Save.
Editing a QuickFire
1. Select the QuickFire to edit.
2. Select the Properties button at the top left corner of the QuickFire.3. Edit the label by selecting the Labelfield, and typing the word(s) you would like to see on the button.If you’d like a message that is different from the label, select Replace.
4. Edit the Symbol by selecting the blue Select button.
5. Search for and select the symbol to use for this QuickFire.
6. Ensure that the listed action is SpeakMessage().
If the action is anything other than Speak Message()
- Select the blue Edit button next to Actions.
- Find and select SpeakMessage()from the list of actions in the left pane of the Script Editor.
- Select Done to exit the Script Editor.
7. Select File, Save, Exit.