Please Note, this article refers only to the I-Series Classic and I-Series+ devices. It does not refer to the I-13 or I-16. The I-13/16 requires Beam, Mirror, or Join-In Accessible SMS for texting. Mirror can also be used for calling out but only through the speaker phone.
The Tobii I-Series supports a Bluetooth standard called MAP (Message Access Profile) used by e.g. the automobile industry. You will find that a broad range of modern phones easily can be connected to Tobii Communicator 4.8 or later on your Tobii I-Series* if they follow the MAP specifications. However, some might not be able to fully use speech in phone calls or send or receive text messages. After connecting, Tobii Communicator will tell you if your phone supports all or only some features.
The following phones are specifically tested by Tobii and known to fully support all mobile communication features of Tobii Communicator and the I-Series.
- Samsung A20
- Samsung A50
- Google Pixel 3 Verizon (GA00468-US)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Verizon (SMG960UZBV)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Verizon (SMG930VZKA)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9506)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803
- Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100H)
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J330F/DS)
- Motorola Gen3 (XT1541)
- Moto E4 Plus (XT1771)
- Cat S30
- Doro Liberto 825
The following phones are specifically tested by Tobii and known to partially support (issues found are noted below) the mobile communication features of Tobii Communicator and the I-Series:
- Google Pixel (G-2PW4100) – It is not possible to dismiss incoming calls.
- Nokia 6 (TA-1021) – You must Forget Phone on the device and connect again after a Bluetooth connection is lost.
- Sony Xperia L1 (G3312) - You must Forget Phone on the device and connect again after Bluetooth connection is lost. It also doesn’t import old read messages to the Communicator page set.
Tobii is aiming to update this list with popular phones carefully by testing a variety of phones from all price ranges and and that are available in most markets.
Previously Supported Phones which are no longer fully compatible:
- Samsung Galaxy SIII (Verizon) Pebble Blue (SCH-I535)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ (GT-I9301I)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (Verizon) (SM-G920V)
The following phones have been reported as not or not fully compatible with the MAP bluetooth standard used in the Tobii I-Series:
- Blackberry 9800
- Blackberry Pearl 9100
- HTC Incredible S
- IPhone 4
- IPhone 5
- Motorola Razr XT910
- Motorola Defy
- Motorola Droid 4
- Nokia 701
- Nokia C5 00
- Nokia E75
- Nokia Lumia
- Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
- Samsung Wave II
* to connect a mobile phone to your Tobii I-Series, you need Tobii Communicator 4.8 or later. Radio-free versions of the I-Series (as sold in Argentina, Brazil, China and Japan) can not connect via bluetooth.
** we test the international versions of the recommended phones. There are local versions or mobile carrier specific versions (e.g. the Samsung Galaxy S3 from Verizon in the US) available that might not fully support MAP.