Why does my device boot to an EFI Shell version screen?
January 07, 2020
- Plug a USB keyboard into the device while it is powered off (if the device is already on, just hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off).
- Turn the device on and hold down the F7 key until you see the boot menu.
- Use the down arrow key to select “Enter Setup” (you will likely need to turn NumLock off to use the arrow keys).
- Hit Enter.
- You will see the BIOS menu. Hit the right arrow key 5 times to tab over to “Save & Exit”.
- Hit the down arrow 2 times to highlight the “Restore Defaults” option.
- Hit enter to select the option. When prompted, hit enter once more to confirm.
- Press the F4 key to save and exit. Hit enter to confirm, when prompted.
Open success Modal