How do I install Acapela's My-Own-Voice?
Acapela My-Own-Voice voices are SAPI5 voices that have used voice banking. These voices can be installed to work in Communicator 5. To install and set up the voice in Communicator, please follow the instructions below.
- Double-click the ZIP file that was received from Acapela
- Select Extract All
- Choose the Extract button
- Double-click the folder that got extracted in the new Window that opened
- Right-click RegSapi5.bat
- Choose Run as Administrator
- You may get a message stating Windows protected your PC. If so, choose More info
- Select Run anyway
- If you get a message asking if you want the application to make changes, choose Yes
- Press any key to finish installing the My-Own-Voice
- Open Communicator and go into Advanced Settings
- Choose the Sound tab and select Voice
- Now you should see the Acapela voice in the Use Voice drop down menu. Select it and choose OK.