Before setting up Gmail in communicator you need to set up an app password. This password will be used instead of your Google password. Please follow the directions in this link to set up your app password. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
We've created our own instructions with screenshots that may be helpful, as well. https://download.mytobiidynavox.com/Communicator/documents/Quick%20Guides/Step%20by%20Step%20guide%20for%202%20step%20Authorisation%20of%20Gmail%20account%20for%20Communicator%205_ENG.pdf
Now you must also enable POP in Gmail so the email can get sent to Communicator.
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "POP download" section, select Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Now you can set up Gmail in Communicator:
- Select the Email pageset on the home page in Communicator 5.
- Select Settings on the top right of the Email page. Select Yes to the warning.
- An Email Settings dialog box will appear. Select New. A New Account dialog box will appear.
- Select Gmail.
- Select Next.
- Enter your name. (You can use the tab key to jump to the next field).
- Enter your email address in the E-mail box.
- Enter your password in the Password box.
- Select Finish then choose OK.
Now when you select Send/Receive your emails will begin to download. If you have more than 200 emails in your Inbox you may need to select Send/Receive multiple times before all the emails get downloaded.